Confession: I am the WORST about eating breakfast during the week. I try, I really do! I make an effort, but inevitably I somehow forget in the chaos of our morning routine to feed myself. Honestly, if it weren’t for having a gigantic bag of this Green Tea Granola hanging out in my cupboard I probably would have lost my mind from hanger a few times this summer.
On days I forget to eat breakfast my morning starts to completely unravel by about 10:30. It’s funny that I don’t automatically think “Oh, I should eat something!” instead I tend to let myself get frustrated, irritable, and generally not all that pleasant before my stomach and brain communicate and I realize that my problem is most definitley hunger.
You probably know that moment too right?! In that moment it doesn’t really matter to me what I eat, I just have to eat something and FAST! Friend, I’m telling you that is never a good place to be. Not ever! It is almost impossible to resist the urge to dive head first into a bag of salt & vinegar chips. So, I have to have a plan in place, one that covers my butt when I forget to feed myself & also one that helps me to hopefully prevent this entire unhealthy potato c hip laced debacle all together.
This Green Tea Granola is just that – delicious, fast, healthy and convenient. Plus, when I scatter it over Silk vanilla yogurt it turns from a snack to a meal that is loaded with protein and pretty darn good for me too. Plus, I actually look forward to indulging in a bowl right when I wake up in the morning, so more days than not I am feeding myself breakfast now. Seriously, that is an accomplishment!
- 4 cups gluten free oats
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, pistachios, almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, brown sugar, matcha and salt together.
- In a small saucepan combine the oil, maple syrup, and maple sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the hot liquid over the oats mixture and stir well until everything is combined and covered in the sticky syrup.
- Spread the granola on the prepared pan an bake until golden brown, for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Transfer the sheet pan to a cooling rack and all ow the granola to cool completely before mixing in the optional add in's.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.