The first time I ever met my friend Nicole at a play date 10 years ago she served the most amazing baked artichoke dip! It reminded me of dips my aunt made during the holiday’s when I was growing up – creamy, tangy, salty, cheesy. Nicole’s dip hit every flavor point I could ever ask for and then some!
I couldn’t resist asking her for the recipe after I had a few bites of her creamy golden dip and after a few gentle twists of her arm, she graciously gave it to me! In the years that have passed since then this dip has become a family favorite during the holiday season and on special occasions in our home.
Every year since Nicole shared her recipe with me I have made it. Sometimes I make it the way Nicole does and sometimes I give it a little twist like the version I made last weekend for our Friendsgiving gathering in Ventura!
I first had the idea to add Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls to my baked artichoke dip after making a vegetarian version of Buffalo Dip for my husband last spring. I was amazed at how the cauliflower just sort of melted into the dip as it baked and how it added just the right amount of texture and bite to replace the chicken in the original version. I knew as soon as I tasted that Cauli-Ranch Buffalo Dip that my artichoke dip was going to get a cauliflower infusion too! I’m so glad I gave it a try too, the cauliflower really mellows out the richness of the dip, which I like and blends in so perfectly that my cauliflower hating son has no idea it’s even in there! (Shhh, don’t tell him!)
I decided for our Friendsgiving gathering this year I would make a dunk and slather board where my new and improved Creamy Cauliflower Artichoke Dip could be the superstar! This board had it all – 4 dips and spreads, homemade roasted garlic naan, freshly baked baby biscuit bites, a variety of crackers, 3 types of cheeses, fresh carrots and Taylor Farms sugar snap peas, fresh and dried fruit, nuts, seeds and fine chocolate. It was stunning on the table and met with so many ooh’s ahh’s I lost count!
This platter happily fed 15 people and paired perfectly with both holiday cocktails and glasses of wine! It was so fun creating new flavor combinations and pairings as we went, but most of all I loved hearing about how much everyone loved the Creamy Cauliflower Artichoke Dip. One friend even said it reminded her of a dip her mom made when she was growing up, the same way this dip transported me to my childhood the first time I ate it too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 - 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- sweet paprika
- 1 - 2 teaspoons finely chopped mixed herbs, I prefer to use a blend of parsley and thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat add the Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a food processor fitted with the "S" blade. Process until finely chopped; add to the mixing bowl with the cauliflower.
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, green onions, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer the artichoke mixture to a baking dish, smooth the top with a spoon, and sprinkle paprika over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the top and serve immediately.